Baxi Combi 80 Eco red light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I have a Baxi combi 80 Eco boiler, it will not ignite/light the flame after changing a leaking diverter valve. When I switch on the water water or heating I get a red light on the no flame light. Does anyone know what this means/can be causing this please?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I had the boiler switched off at the mains and the pipes closed off when changing the diverter valve

Did you definitely open the pipes back up?

Sponsored Links
yes i have and re-pressurized the boiler. This is the red light, it is a solid one and not flashing

PXL_20230115_204926229.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Yes that switch goes on, both the little push rods come out on the diverter value push out and press the switches

then it is an ignition problem, some boilers PCB tend to fail when the power is interuppted , but yours is not really prone to that, either the gas supply is interrupted or it is not sparking as already said post pice of the valves when you get home

• Thanks
Thank you, with regards to the PCB, there are two versions of that for my boiler, one with 2 and another with a 3 pressure switch connection. Where on the PCB is this connection

Last edited:
I have managed to resolve the issue, some moisture/water must have gotten into the pcb compartment/housing, making the pcb damp.. I used a hair dryer to gently warm it up to dry off any moisture and now the boiler is back to life and working fine again.
As in the the following thread from 2008 - https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/baxi-80-eco-dead.160642/
Happy days :)

• Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back