Baxi 80 Eco - Dead :-(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a Baxi 80 ECO. The 3 way pressure differential manifold sprug a leak from the front PTFE seal. I've changed the from assembly, no leaks everything looking good.
When you try hot water or heating, the fan kicks in, but no ignition and the second light on the panel switches to red indicating ignition failure after 30 seconds.
I've checked the overheat re-set, thats fine.

Any ideas would be 'warmly' received, I've got a horrible feeling it's a PCB fault ?

Sponsored Links
All ok before touching other than leak .
Check you have not got water into the board very easily done on thes without noticing.
Also check you have not pulled the the leads slightly off they ignition probes they still look like they are attached but not properly

Hi Namsag, thanks for getting back to me.
Everything was fine before the leak, but I am wondering wether some moisture has got into the PCB housing. Where are the ignition probes ?

Two wires right at front of boiler disappearing into heat exchanger .
Re board turn power off and take cover off and have a look in, damp boards can be dried out with a hair dryer on hot keep moving it though

Sponsored Links
namsag .... your a star :D
Problem sorted, the PCB was damp, so a quick cook in front of a fan heater did the trick :cool:

Have a nice Christmas.... and thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back