Baxi Combi 80e Ignition Issue - Please help!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people,

I have a Baxi Combi 80e which is approx 2yrs old. Over the last 4 months we have an intermittent problem with the boiler ignition.

For example: timer set to come on at 5pm, come home and house is freezing, boiler ignition light flashing, turn the knob to R for rest and all is fine.

This can happen if the boiler has been on all day and they unit needs to power up when the thermostat setting is hit. Trouble is it does'nt happen all the time, maybe 4 or 5 times per week, always resets without any issue, it is now becoming a pain.

Any advice on what could be the problem.

Oh called out a local firm, who literally looked at it then reeled off a list of things it COULD be, then said they would have to replace each component until they hit the right one......errr no thanks, thats gonna cost me a fortune, I might as well replace the boiler.....did'nt instill much confidence.

Many thanks

Graeme

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Cheers Kevplumb :)

Know what you mean about lists ......... :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back