Baxi Combi 80e pressure at 0

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

First time touching anything boiler related but I’ve been asked by my landlord to increase the boiler pressure after I informed it was at 0 and no hot water, he sent a YouTube link for a completely different boiler so I’m not sure how to apply it to my own, I’m sure it’s this silver braided cable but I’m not sure if I need to turn the right side with a screwdriver, the left black knob or both. Boiler has been turned off at the main first. I’m also not sure how far to raise the pressure.

Any help appreciated!

Attachments

• D153741E-3192-4841-9C87-4998F1FEDFAA.jpeg
    D153741E-3192-4841-9C87-4998F1FEDFAA.jpeg
    280.6 KB · Views: 324
Sponsored Links
Try turning this handle towards or away from you slowly, watch the pressure gauge on the front increase, then turn back off.

Attachments

• CA1B22C3-42A2-408E-B109-FCDAF5DDE7FC.jpeg
    CA1B22C3-42A2-408E-B109-FCDAF5DDE7FC.jpeg
    288.5 KB · Views: 338
Hi Chris, thanks for confirming, that’s worked a treat, do you know what number I should raise the pressure to with the boiler off?

1. About 1.3 bar cold.
2. Once you have done this, keep checking the pressure when cold (daily?), watching for any increase.
3. The valve with the round red handle is a gate valve. Its not really suitable for a filling loop as they tend not to shut off completely. This can lead to water passing the valve and increasing the pressure in your system.

Sponsored Links
Hi Chris, thanks for confirming, that’s worked a treat, do you know what number I should raise the pressure to with the boiler off?

As per old buffer usually between 1-1.5 bar.

1. About 1.3 bar cold.
2. Once you have done this, keep checking the pressure when cold (daily?), watching for any increase.
3. The valve with the round red handle is a gate valve. Its not really suitable for a filling loop as they tend not to shut off completely. This can lead to water passing the valve and increasing the pressure in your system.
That gate valve is on the by pass and there purely to restrict . Do Not touch it .

Terryplum's got better eyesight than me! He's quite right. The valve you need to open is the black handled arrowed in blue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back