Baxi Combi 80e problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I have a problem with this thing,been trying to fix it for a couple of days to no avail.
Had the house 2 years,always worked OK till now.CH worked OK last winter,I bled all Rads at first use last year and no probs,DHW always been OK.Pressure gauge has NEVER registered any pressure in 2 years.
On saturday I put th CH on for the first time since last winter,it got hot,,I bled the rads.All OK.
Then I couldn't get any DHW or get the CH to work again.
Tried opening the 2 valves on the pressure loop,yes they are turning properly,not just the taps sliding over the inners.
Fault light is coming on to indicate the CH sensor is faulty according to the online instruction manual.Had that out,it still has the white paste on it and looks OK.Tested it,no circuit through it with my AVO on resistance.Tried connecting the plug to it with another piece of wire,still no joy with circuit made.
When I switch it on after leaving it for 5 mins,the thing lights up normally on the LED's,I turn the tap on,the burner kicks in,the flame LED comes on,after about 5 seconds the 30deg led comes on,after about another 5 secs the 40deg LED comes on,then it trips out and the 80deg light flashes indicating the sensor fault.
So two questions,
How do I get the pressure gauge to read anything?
How do I fix the flashing LED problem?
Thanks in advance,
Dave

Sponsored Links
Replace the sensor. Shorting it will make no difference as they have a set resistance range. Might be worth changing the fill loop valve while you're at it or try opening it with a pair or pliers/spanner

My first guess is that your system is full of crap, and your gauge blocked.
If the flashing light indicates a sensor fault, logic dictates that the sensor should be replaced to stop the light from flashing, or cut the wire to the flashing light. Wouldn't recommend the latter.
What is a AVO?

Sponsored Links
AVO.jpg

good one at that ;)

:eek:
And I thought I was getting on a bit. Only seen one of those in the past 2 decades.

OK so it's a modern digital equivalent!That's what they called them when I did my apprenticeship! :oops:
Thanks for the help guys,new sensor it is,and i'll clean out the crap.
Cheers
Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back