Baxi combi 80he plus list of odd problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Never really been happy with the way the boiler works. For instance the pressure in the central heating gauge always shows low even though I repressurise it every time I remember.
Of late it's started going funny. Recently we have set the independent programmer to off for the central heating yet if anyone runs the hot water, the rads get warm but only 1 or 2 of them! Also the boiler can and does start up showing hot water is being demanded yet no taps are on!
Any wise words on what is the matter would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A drop in pressure points towards a leak somewhere in the system.
The rads getting warm when hot water is running could be a stuck diverter valve. Does your boiler have an internal tank that it keeps full of hot water? It could be showing demand when it is heating the tank.

Eek. A leak! All the downstairs pipes to the rads are under concrete!!!!! The valve I can probably deal with....... The boiler has no hot water holding tank at all.
Got my work cut out.

Perhaps not but does it heat up the oversized expansion vessel?

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back