Baxi Combi Boiler - Radiators won't turn off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

moved into a new property not too long ago. So far *touch wood* have not had many problems, but after having heating on for some time today, with thermostat set to 21, when went upstairs to where the boiler and thermostat are it was saying 25. Opened up cupboard where the boiler is housed in, warm in there (rose it an extra 1 degree on the digital display)

The boiler does not appear to want to turn itself off. I turned it down to like 5 and still stayed on, turned the dial to reset, also left off for 5 mins. Setting the dial to hot water only, doesn't kick in as expected, but as soon as put it to radiators/hotwater the radiator kicks in regardless.

Any ideas why this might be?

Sponsored Links
did a bit of searching and believe found my likely answer.

A sticking microswitch.

I fixed it by turning the heating up to higher than it currently was (so set it to 28), so that had the on indicator on the display. Then I turned it back to below the setting. This time it clicked off as normal....phew.

Well short term fix anyways...so looks like I'll need to look at getting a new switch. I'd have thought there'd be some sort of failsafe for anything like that, like it pressing to turn off 2 or 3 times to be sure, or to check readings on reset etc.

Is this part something a regular joe is allowed to fix or does it have to be done by gas engineers etc do you know?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back