Central heating from combi boilercoming on when turned off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ideal Esprit Eco combi boiler. I turned the central heating off but later I noticed the radiators were warm. I went to the boiler and the central heating was on with "c" on the display to confirm this. The dial was turned to off and definitely not on a timer. I turned it to on and then back to off again which turned it off. This is the second time this has happened. I don't have a thermostat or anything installed.
No other issues with boiler other than having the condense pipe replaced and bleeding the radiators.

Sponsored Links
The boiler was never designed to be constantly operated using the control dial, you will find the shaft or the Pot on the board has become worn with regular usage, crap design , even though it feels like you are turning it off you arent

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back