Low pressure and no hot water after moving radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We removed a radiator in the upstairs bedroom to do some plastering and we will install it a new location later in the summer. We remove all water from the radiator. We couldn't cap off the pipes as we didn't have the right size plugs but planned just to do without central heating, as it is summer, until we could do it. However our water pressure has gone to zero and when we turn the pressure valve I do not hear any water and the dial does not move. I have an Ideal Esprit Eco combi boiler. The boiler is turned off.

Sponsored Links
boiler2.jpg
boiler2.jpg
boiler1.jpg

I have been moving the blue valve?? Can we still increase the pressure while the heating is off and the radiator pipe not blocked off?

Right - first things first...

That is a terrible install...

Second - have you turned off the radiator valves from the radiator you removed..?.

Sponsored Links
Right - first things first...

That is a terrible install...

Second - have you turned off the radiator valves from the radiator you removed..?.

Yep we did, we are trying to cap off the end of the pipes upstairs now although we seem to have a lost a bolt.
Anyway which valve do I turn to increase the water pressure?
Thank you so much for your help

Which boiler is it..? Take a wide shot of it for me please

o_OIs it just me.....?o_O:whistle:

Edit: filling loops are over-rated!!

Silly question but does the boiler need to be on to adjust the pressure. The black one won't move even when unscrewed
boiler3.jpg
boiler4.jpg

What am i missing...?!

Ok, from your pictures it isnt clear where your filling loop is - if it were muggles would have said (y)

Ignore the black lever.

No - boiler doesnt need to be on for there for be a rise in pressure.

The filling loop will be attached to one of your central heating pipes (flow or return..) to the cold water inlet. You turn the water on at both ends and water will flow into your heating - and pressure will rise - you wabt it between 1 and 1.5 bar.

Its usually in an accessible place... but having had a scan of your pics it isnt in an overly obvious place.

I’ve attached a pic as to how a good install would look - you see the flexible silver pipe...? That’s what you usually see. Follow the pipes down and have a looksee... (y)

Make sure the radiator trv and lockshield are closed... or youre gonna have gush.

Attachments

• 585AE82C-67CD-4405-8053-B68B3015A261.png
    585AE82C-67CD-4405-8053-B68B3015A261.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 663
  • 56F428FB-67B5-469D-A329-465138FAEB4A.png
    56F428FB-67B5-469D-A329-465138FAEB4A.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,084

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back