Baxi combi getting conflicting info

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Baxi fixed boiler after intermittent e133 error code. Something in boiler sometimes moving slightly with getting hot and cold, so didn't always happen.
Since their visit hot water not staying hot like it did before and digital shower, and a separate mixer shower can't control temp. Digital one keeps flashing trying to maintain temp. Mixer is now either tepid or scalding! Basin mixer taps also struggling. What has happened? Please advise, feel like people are trying to rip me off.

Sponsored Links
Under warranty only 3 years old. They are coming back but covid causing long delays which I understand. Boiler serviced in summer, full bathroom refit in September. So trying to educate myself on where the problem could be. Mains water got really cold due to outside temp now 5c most days since baxi fit, and Im being told that this cold water is getting into the hot pipes after the boiler. Had no issues before Sept this year. It's an eco blue advance. I'm just not sure if I'm getting fobbed off. Have been reading lots online to try and understand terminology etc

Sponsored Links
Yes. I thought I could adjust up. But 60 is maximum and that's where it was. I at least knew that much and could check.

60 degrees is fine, what model of the ecoblue ie. kW size 24 etc.
Under the boiler you will see a row of pipes with valves on. The second valve from the right is the cold water inlet to the boiler. Rotate the lever 90 degrees, one by one set each mixer tap to fully hot and open them...does the water flow?

Nice and hot pipe at boiler but all taps are the modern mixer flip up and move left and right. Even at furthest point it's just nice and warm not hot as before. whereas I often lifted and left at midpoint for warmish water, now there's more cold coming through. Its one of those things where I know it's not right but hard to quantify. Too much cold water in the mix. I have no single hot tap and cold taps in house.

As for the cold water inlet, I tried that too from googling etc. When I closed that valve. Really Cold water flows through taps. I wasn't sure if this was what should happen with a mixer tap even when pushed fully over to hot side. ??? Not sure of kW can dig out book if important

OK, I sort of understand, where is the cold coming from. What has gone wrong - or is that the 54000 dollar question. what can I do, who should I get to help/fix; have baxi messed with something?

With the boiler cold inlet turned off you shouldn't get any water from the mixer taps when they are in their hot position.
It's a rare fault but it will result in luke warm water. When you open a mixer tap or the shower valve instead of that particular outlet mixing 60 degree hot water and say cold at 5 degrees the hot is being blended with cold water at another faulty mixer tap.
If your mixer taps have isolating valves you should easily find the faulty tap by shutting off the water supply to it and retrying the other outlets.

all taps are the modern mixer flip up and move left and right.

ceramic taps, especially the joystick type like yours, are very prone to internal wear and leakage. Sometimes before the guarantee has worn out.

I believe they are considered fashionable.

Thats sort of what made sense with the mix of water to me but wasn't sure if it was a real plumbing issue with no understanding of the water system. So does that mean that it can be only one faulty tap/valve causing a problem with every outlet, as allowing cold in at that point; or am I over simplifying???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back