Baxi Combi Instant 80 HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know this subject has been done to death already so I have an idea of what the issue is. It would appear to be one of the solenoid type valves not recognising that hot water is being called for. How do I know whch one it is on my boiler. Sorry if this has been covered but I've read to page 14 and not found the answer.

Sponsored Links
You have two diaphragms housings facing you left hand side.
Top one ,pin should come out when HW demanded if its not then new diaphragm req

Thanks, checked that and pin comes out every time a tap is turned on. If I manually operate the swicth in the plug the boiler fires up. Once back on the housing it works once or twice then stops. Is it possible that the diaphragm is weak or just that the switch housing isworn and just needs securing slightly tighter thatn it is as present.
Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, I'll pick up a new diaphragm tomorrw. Presumably, just drain the hot water side down and shut off the mains feed to change it?

Yep turn cold off under boiler and open hot tap it will take you 5 mins

Great, fixed it tonight in under 15 minutes. Got the diaphragm for 8.44 including VAT and now have instant hot water again.
Thanks very much for the help and advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back