1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

baxi combi wont pressurise overflow leaking full bore

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by davetree, 16 Jan 2011.

1. davetree

davetree

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    hi
    new poster, help needeed
    my son turned his bolier off very foolishly at start of december, house is empty and up for sale/rent, during cold spell we have had a number of bursts in the central heating system pipes in the loft space, i have located and repaired these but now i cannot re-pressurise the baxi 105e boiler.
    i turned it on and ther ewas no pressure so i opened the tap on the filling loop, the fault light came up saying low pressure or pump fault. the pressure will not go up on the gauge and water is pouring out of the overflow pipe outside i can get a bit of pressure while the tap is open but as soon as i close the tap on the filling loop the pressure goes completely, ther are no more leaks , just the overflow pipe running
    could this be something to do with the pressure relief valve, any help would be welcome
    thanks
    dave

2. bengasman

bengasman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    prv dead.

If you had numerous leaks, I'd get the boiler checked for damage by a RGI. You need one out for the lgsc anyway.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. davetree

davetree

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    thanks bengasman , i had a feeling this was the problem, guess he will have to get his wallet out now, dont suppose you know roughly how much we are looking at do you ?

5. bengasman

bengasman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Job in itself is not huge, but depends on access to boiler and local circumstances. We don't do price quotes here, best I can do is: about the same as a service.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Sponsored Links
  7. davetree

davetree

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    managed to get a plumber today, it was what you said and the job is done
    cost £100 , he got off pretty light i think,
    thanks
    begasman

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local