baxi combi wont pressurise overflow leaking full bore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
new poster, help needeed
my son turned his bolier off very foolishly at start of december, house is empty and up for sale/rent, during cold spell we have had a number of bursts in the central heating system pipes in the loft space, i have located and repaired these but now i cannot re-pressurise the baxi 105e boiler.
i turned it on and ther ewas no pressure so i opened the tap on the filling loop, the fault light came up saying low pressure or pump fault. the pressure will not go up on the gauge and water is pouring out of the overflow pipe outside i can get a bit of pressure while the tap is open but as soon as i close the tap on the filling loop the pressure goes completely, ther are no more leaks , just the overflow pipe running
could this be something to do with the pressure relief valve, any help would be welcome
thanks
dave

Sponsored Links
prv dead.

If you had numerous leaks, I'd get the boiler checked for damage by a RGI. You need one out for the lgsc anyway.

thanks bengasman , i had a feeling this was the problem, guess he will have to get his wallet out now, dont suppose you know roughly how much we are looking at do you ?

Job in itself is not huge, but depends on access to boiler and local circumstances. We don't do price quotes here, best I can do is: about the same as a service.

Sponsored Links
managed to get a plumber today, it was what you said and the job is done
cost £100 , he got off pretty light i think,
thanks
begasman

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back