Baxi combo 80e, no power to the boiler fan with DHW

Tony, yeah u guessed it right, he's ex BG technical engineer :)

Gas112, he changed both top and front (larger) diaphragms including but and washer at front etc, cleaned & lubed up with silicone stuff but still, the top pin not hitting high enough to switch fan on with just DHW. The DHW does work upto 20 mins after switching CH off though.

He said he's been looking at manual and it could possibly be a water filter blocked? Is it the filter gauze in the flow regulator thing?

Sounds like divertor is partially seized,seen it a few times on these boilers.

Sponsored Links
Tony, yeah u guessed it right, he's ex BG technical engineer :)

Gas112, he changed both top and front (larger) diaphragms including but and washer at front etc, cleaned & lubed up with silicone stuff but still, the top pin not hitting high enough to switch fan on with just DHW. The DHW does work upto 20 mins after switching CH off though.

He said he's been looking at manual and it could possibly be a water filter blocked? Is it the filter gauze in the flow regulator thing?

Sounds like divertor is partially seized,seen it a few times on these boilers.

Do you think it's worth getting a brand new diverter assembly altogether? Brand new genuine interpart one only £83 on eBay. I've already paid £166 in total though and don't really want to throw much more if it's going to just be a gamble?

I would doubt its worth getting a new diverter valve.

Its less likely the blockage is in there.

But we don't know what he has done to your boiler.

At BG they could go and hide and get their senior engineer to diagnose the fault.

Now as an independent he has no one to turn to and the customer suffers from his lack of experience ( even after perhaps 20-30 years at BG )!

Tony

Agile you dont half talk some sh#te a guy with 20 /30 years experience at BG will usually have forgot more than you have ever learned :rolleyes:

So how do you explain why this guy, with all the BG training, seems unable to diagnose the fault on this pretty simple boiler?

Tony

Sponsored Links
So with your mystic powers Agile you know this guy has 20 /30 years experience by someone saying he is ex BG he may well be ex BG because like yourself he is a CCC and let go.

And if you very rarely look at MI`S how do you know the correct high and low burner pressures to set ??

Go easy there Gas112, I too am CCC but have a long life of working on clockwork stuff that a boiler is :confused:

Have to say though, there are charlatans both side of the fence. Would you not agree?

Totally agree Dan and you are one i have the utmost respect for you give informative information and do a good and honest job from what i see in your posts .
Its the halfwits that claim to be in the top one hundred engineers in the country that make me laugh even in this thread making a 30 minute job of removing a plate cleaning it for £130 odd quid sound like rocket science.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
ok guys

boiler has finally started to work as it should, DHW now working without central heating, so i'm thinking the the Fernox F3 is working away?

slightly side tracking now, I had more or less all rads changed with brand new ones a year ago, but have noticed that one 1600mm in the master bedroom would take ages to heat up, first the top would get hot, then would take ages for the middle and bottom areas to heat up, so read up on the net and thought it would be either sludge stuck in it from the old pipework OR the old 24kw boiler just can't handle all the new rads, as i put some double rads/convectors in lounge.

1st step i turned off the two monstrous 1600 & 1800mm double panel double convector rads in the lounge, but the radiator in the bedroom would only show a slight improvement in heating up.

yesterday i decided to switch all radiators off, bar the bedroom one, and then blasted the heating through it with Fernox F3 still in system.
It now appears to be heating up properly even with all radiators back on.
my question is, i'd like to hammer it again with pressure from the boiler to help clear it more but will this damage the boiler keeping just one radiator on? as I could hear a lot more water noise through that one bedroom rad and from the boiler. with all rads open, boiler is very quiet normally.
i'm thinking of doing it with most of the radiators in the house as some do heat up from top much quicker than bottom (but no where near as bad as that bedroom one was).

i can then flush system out through one rad drain valve and fill up with water, circulate it again, empty again, circulate again until water all clear. its a bungalow i live in with combo in loft, so emptying water out through that one rad will not empty much of the system right?

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back