Baxi diverter issue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am having a problem with my Baxi Eco80 combi boiler.

We just moved into a new house so are not sure whether this was working previously.
The initial problem was when we called for hot water, we got warm water and the rads started heating. Thought to be the diverter valve.
Then the boiler started "trying" to fire, would turn on for seconds then off again.

I have removed the diverter valve and the CH diaphragm had a split in it. (There was water under the boiler, I'm guessing from this).

My questions are; would this cause the boiler to fire for a few sconds then as the pressure got too much for the split diaphragm the rod retracted and the boiler stopped? Secondly, how can I tell if the diverter is working, should I be able to turn it myself? If so how?

For the record, the microswitchs were being operated correctly.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jamie

Sponsored Links
Just change the diaphram, that will cure the problem if the micro switches are working

When the DHW is called for shouldn't the pressure cause the diverter to block of the CH? Or am I getting it wrong?

Sorry, very new to all this

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back