baxi duo tec 28 pump with air in it .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I recently drained down my system to replace a radiator + valves . I've filled everything up and everything is working fine except the pump is really loud .

I'm assuming it has air in it so I removed the screw to let the air out . Some water came out the screw hole and a tiny bit of air . The pump is still loud ! Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Is the automatic air vent on top of the pump open and operational?

Sponsored Links
Hi I recently drained down my system to replace a radiator + valves . I've filled everything up and everything is working fine except the pump is really loud .

I'm assuming it has air in it so I removed the screw to let the air out . Some water came out the screw hole and a tiny bit of air . The pump is still loud ! Any ideas ?

Turn hot water on and keep doing it. It can take a while

So just leaving the hot water on ? Or turning it on and off ?

Keep how water on and bleed the air out of the pump. I’ve had it where central heating is fine and hot water over heats. It’s not ally caused by a faulty auto air vent on top of the boiler

Just one more thing , the pump that I'm assuming has an air lock isn't noisy until it's been running for 10 minutes . Is this relevant ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back