BAXI Duo-Tec combi boiler - E119 Error code

Sponsored Links
You get better discount at the merchants!

I fitted worcesters for a few years before joining the evil empire, but I think the duotech is a decent blr: easy to fit, tidy, easy to use controls, simple commissioning process and very efficient

You get better discount at the merchants!

I think the duotech is a decent blr: easy to fit, tidy, easy to use controls, simple commissioning process and very efficient

spot on

Sponsored Links
Its odd that the only EXVs I have to change are the ones at the back of boilers!

Tony

Guys

I have just noticed that there is water seeping, veryyyyyyyyyyy slowly, from the Air Vent plug on the bathroom radiator. The rad/heated towel rail, is connected to the central heating. It looks similar to the one in this link:

http://www.smrbathrooms.co.uk/acatalog/info_PR400X762SC.html

Could this be the reason for the pressure drop and not the EXV or the other things mentioned in this post?

I am a twit I know, but your hel pwould be appreciated

I fitted worcesters for a few years before joining the evil empire, but I think the duotech is a decent blr: easy to fit, tidy, easy to use controls, simple commissioning process and very efficient
I agree and its a shame that Installer who base an opinion on previous boilers produced by a manufacturer seem to think they can broad brush the whole name.
FACT Worcester who seem to be followed by installers like a pack of sheep are riding a wave.....If its not poorly manufacturered H/Exchangers that leak internally its cheap plastic internals that pinhole and drown the rest of the boiler and the customers property at the same time and lets not forget the plastic mounting jigs, a true classic in design fopars!
I fitted Worcester boilers for 4 years until I woke up!

Stan

bengasman - was that Yup to the fact I was a twit or was it to say that you think that is the cause of the pressure drop?

If it is the reaosn, how do I fix it, does it need tightening or re-sealing or something else?

bengasman - was that Yup to the fact I was a twit or was it to say that you think that is the cause of the pressure drop?

Yes to the cause of pressure drop. :LOL:

If it is the reaosn, how do I fix it, does it need tightening or re-sealing or something else?
Bleeding screws should not need a lot of force to close, so it probably needs replacing.
Is it directly in the rad, or "in a nut/plug?

Unfortunately you dont seem to have understood what you have been told!

The EXV may just need repressurising with AIR ! See FAQ on this site.

It might have failed too but that would be unusual at that age.

I had to replace an EXV last weekend. The initial diagnostic visit was £84 and the subsequent visit to take boiler off wall with help from owner and supply and fit new EXV was £151.

Tony

vessel is next to heat exchanger, not down back of boiler.....

15min job to change if needed....

Coming a bit late to this one, but I had exactly the same problem, just out of the 2 year guarantee of course. Boiler below operating pressure in the mornings and larger pressure fluctuations (up to 3 bar) in normal use after topping it up. The expansion vessel was indeed the cause. It had lost pressure, so when the system cooled down there was nothing to take up the slack as it were, and the pressure dropped below the critcal level. My plumber/installer recommended I call Baxi and they came round (at considerable expense). There was some air left inside so it hadn't failed completely. The engineer released the remaining pressure then pumped it back up to 1 bar (where it should be) using a bicycle pump with an ordinary bicycle connector. He said it took 63 pumps to get the right pressure. Everything is OK now - boiler operating within usual pressure range. My beef is why the expansion vessel lost pressure in the first place - it's a newish boiler after all - and will it happen again? If so, shouldn't Baxi be doing something about it?

The valve on top of the boiler is simply a car tyre valve, how often do you check tyre pressures? I admit as exp dosen't do 20000 miles per year, but should be checked each service?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back