Baxi Duo-tec Combi HE - Alarm Light / Thermastat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

The digital control panel attached to the boiler, on the wall next to it, has the alarm light constantly lit. It has been like this for a while now and doesn't affect the use of the hot water at all, just the central heating. I can either override to have the CH on constantly or have it turned off. It doesn't listen to the timer on the boiler either, just the override. It doesn't appear to be speaking to the thermastat in the living room anymore as, if I put the heating on it just keeps heating the rads, with the overall room temperatures going up and up and up until I turn it off again.

I've tried turning the boiler off and resetting it but the red alarm light comes straight back up again. The pressure is set fine too.

Any ideas, would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Zesty Maximus

Sponsored Links
Is it on of these?

baxi.jpg

They're pretty unreliable from my experience and as there is no set-up procedure (done automatically) it may need replacing.

If it were batteries in the wall unit the light should flash IIRC

Nope.

Change the batteries first.

Follow instructions on how to get the transmitter and reciever to talk to each other.

If this doesn't work only then replace the unit. It may be covered under your warranty. Check this after you replace the batteries

Hi Rob,

Thanks for asking, I had thought that it would be part of the boiler system so asssumed the boiler make and brand was all encompassing. Open further inspection, clearly not!

The control panel (which has the alarm light lit) is hard wired to the boiler and is a Drayton Digistat SCR. (The wireless thermastat in the living room, which appears to be working fine, is a Drayton Digistat RF1 Wireless)

Hi Powell,

The control panel is hard wired, so there are no batteries to change! The wireless thermastat in the living room is working fine. I have changed the batteries just for completeness but no difference.

I don't think the units have a problem speaking to one another because as soon as I put the heating on using the override button on the control panel, the thermastat shows the 'flame' symbol to show that the system is heating. I just can't get the system to heat without the override button or get the alarm light on the control panel to switch off.

Many, many thanks for any ideas,

Zesty M

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if the room stat ( the transmitter ) is not being received by the receiver at the boiler.

If its the older one with four AA batts then you have to pull out the left hand ones to make it go throught the setup procedure.

But just before you do that you have to set the receiver unit into the "learn" position, I think thats pushing two buttons at the same time for a few seconds.

You do need good quality alkaline batteries in the transmitter unit, e.g. Duracell.

Tony

Thanks guys for all your help. I followed the link that Rob posted and everything appears to be working well again. Thank you.

Zesty M

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back