Baxi Duo-tec HE boiler fault. E133

RMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My boiler is showing this fault.

I have measured voltage across terminals 2 and 5 on the PCB - X2 connector and am getting around 180V DC for about 2-3 seconds when the igniter clicks then the boiler fails to ignite and the voltage is removed.

A friend who is a plumber checked the gas to the boiler which was present but he does not repair boilers :( .

My gas meter has been making a whining noise recently. I wondered if the meter is at fault or the regulator. The boiler is the only gas appliance.

The reason I ask this is because I am considering getting British Gas out with a one off charge or just a local heating engineer. If its something small then I would rather get a local heating engineer.

What do you guys think?

Sponsored Links
Probably just needs a good and proper service.

I've had many of these fault with this and a service has fixed it.

As the likely cause is a part that is sealed to the combustion chamber you need an RGI.

Any more info and I risk getting slated by the CC police on here :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I'm having the same problem yet the boiler is firing? Running for a minute or 2 then cutting out. That could be the electrode could it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back