Baxi duo tec 24HE - E133 Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

First off I am no plumber and am not prepared to go back to the original installer as we have lost faith in him. The boiler is 3 years old and was recently serviced. Someone I trust has looked at the boiler recently but he could not be sure what the fault is and said its pretty much a trial and error exercise to change parts and see what fixes it. I'm just really trying to see if anyone out there has encountered this problem and if so, could you recommend where he should start.

The problem is basically that at any given random time the boiler will fail to ignite and display the E133 (gas supply fault) code. Incidentally the gas hob works ok, which I assume means the supply is ok. The problem is 100% intermittent, although it is becoming more common now, almost daily. There seems to be no logic to it, except that the boiler will almost certainly fail to ignite if we change the timer, or if we change from timed to constant. It resets ok everytime but it can take a number of resets (up to 5) before it ignites. It seems to start up ok, the fan comes on and the ignition clicks, it just fails to actually light the flame, although on some occasions it works first time. For info, we don't have a roomstat.

Any assitance welcome, Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately, any meaningful answer will involve gas critcal work and that precludes me giving details. I will say it is usually one of 2 issues and both are relatively easy to remidy. I suggest you get in a competant repairer to do this as either will involve gas work and or the right equipment

During a service it is usuall to check the electrode gap.............anything greater or less than the specified measuremeant will cause a fault..R.G.I Territory

Are you able to vaguely advise what the two items are without going into detail you are not allowed to? Clearly I am not going to touch the boiler myself but from what my engineer has told me he has spoken to Baxi on a number of occasions only to be told different remedies each time, all of which involve replacing parts.

Sponsored Links
Are you able to vaguely advise what the two items are without going into detail you are not allowed to? Clearly I am not going to touch the boiler myself but from what my engineer has told me he has spoken to Baxi on a number of occasions only to be told different remedies each time, all of which involve replacing parts.

I beleive that this will be a gas valve problem and sorted with a replacement.
Although firstly you should listen to when the boiler actually does fire up as if it makes an excessive noise(you should know the noise of your boiler) then it could be as simple as the spark electrode out of place.
No harm in replacing both, one part dear other next to nothing.

Like i said electrode gap........

Oh and also check your condensate discharge pipe is clear

During a service it is usuall to check the electrode gap.............anything greater or less than the specified measuremeant will cause a fault..R.G.I Territory

Hey There Baxmax

Would you really class this as part of a service on a Baxi.
Only reason i ask is that my boss does not like us to remove burners on sealed HE models unless they fail our Analyser test.
I still check EV and all such like but cannot check spark gap unless i remove the burner.
PS we only fit Baxi or Pottertons and are approved installers.

Take the spark electrode out and clean it on its own if your boss is that bothered.

I have found they tend to get really dirty with a build up on the electrodes and this stops the spark.

Hey there Nogood why would you need to remove the burner to look at the electrodes ?

....we only fit Baxi or Pottertons and are approved installers.
Any idea how Baxi have managed to make the Duo-Tec combi so noisy? my friend has one that is only 6 months old & you can here the pump running in the next room.....stand next to an Alpha boiler & you can hardly hear the pump.

Change the spark electrodes,burner don,t require removing :rolleyes:

new electrodes are thicker that the original,baxi are aware of the problem,which is a well known defect with this boiler.[/quote]

Did the person who serviced mess about with the gas valve, if so it could be gas valve settings (gas/air mixture) so may need analysing again and setting correctly.
Other than that check electrodes and then replace gas valve.

Hey there Nogood why would you need to remove the burner to look at the electrodes ?

Due to the seal between the burner and electrodes, if you remove them it states in the MI to replace with new seal (I Beleive), if i dont have new seal then i would have to take full burner out.

Yes Nogood i agree ...i suppose there are those who dont carry gaskets...sorry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back