Baxi Main ECO Elite 30 - Intermittent E133 lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Main Eco Elite 30 has recently started throwing a E133 error.

If I reset the boiler it tends to start up again OK. I've noticed that sometimes it makes an explosion sound when igniting.

The E133 is intermittent but tends to happen at least once a day. Any ideas on what the problem and solution might be?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Well as you probably know the E133 is an ignition fault and there are a host of potential areas along the start up chain that could throw that error up and unfortunately they are all within the realms of a GSR engineer, which will probably be why you haven't had any replies as DIY gas advice isn't allowed.

Time to call a pro in to take a look. Problem is though as it's intermittent it will be hard to diagnose unless it is seen, even then though if it can't be re-created then it's could be difficult. That being said a proper service could fix the fault.

As per @Madrab, gas advice is prohibited, especially as you’ve mentioned explosive ignition. If you’re uncertain of a local engineer, contact Baxi for a fixed price repair.

Sponsored Links
Post your locale and maybe one of us is near to you.

But, as said... It needs gas safe repair engineer interrogation to diagnose and fix.

It's actually well overdue a service so I'll get someone out for a service, I'll discuss with him.. but maybe he might spot the issue whilst doing the service or fingers crossed - could be fixed by a full service as @Madrab said

Will post back the outcome.

The RGI was able to come almost straight away.. he did what I think you would describe as a 'full service'. When he removed the main burner thing there was a white serviceable part which crumbled to bits, so that needed replacing.. plus a gasket .. plus the electrode (picture below)

He thought this is the reason for the E133, one of the electrodes was especially warped (broken below). It broke when he tried removing it.

So I think 3 main servicable parts were replaced... totaling about £175 just for the parts. Total including labour £300. I'm in Yorkshire

It definitely solved the explosive ignition sound... remains to be seen if the E133 stops but RGI was confident

Attachments

• PXL_20231110_150208257.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231110_150208257.MP.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
The RGI was able to come almost straight away.. he did what I think you would describe as a 'full service'. When he removed the main burner thing there was a white serviceable part which crumbled to bits, so that needed replacing.. plus a gasket .. plus the electrode (picture below)

He thought this is the reason for the E133, one of the electrodes was especially warped (broken below). It broke when he tried removing it.

So I think 3 main servicable parts were replaced... totaling about £175 just for the parts. Total including labour £300. I'm in Yorkshire

It definitely solved the explosive ignition sound... remains to be seen if the E133 stops but RGI was confident
Seems like it imo.

Yep that was the fault the replacement ones are a lot more robust and last a lot longer

Looks like it has solved the e133. Previously, there would always be a e133 first thing in the morning. Now it's fine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back