baxi duotec 28 he error code e133

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi , i have a baxi duotec 28he boiler that when i try to relight reads e133 on the table of error codes, in the manual this means interuption of gas supply or flame failure. can anyone tell me what could be causing this

Sponsored Links
gas valve fault, incorrect air gas ratio, faulty spark electrodes, faulty spark generator, flue fault. Is your boiler outside of warranty?

gas valve fault, incorrect air gas ratio, faulty spark electrodes, faulty spark generator, flue fault. Is your boiler outside of warranty?
still under warranty, just thought it might be somthing simple

Sponsored Links
The fault is caused by the spark electrodes. There was a fault in the original design of the spark electrodes. The were designed to be in two parallel lines, and the spark fires between them. However, when the electrodes got hot, they migrated close together, leaving no room between for a flame to light. This causes the boiler to fail to light, and so the error code E133 appears. THe problem is intermittent as the spark electrodes will often cool and move apart again, allowing for a spark and the flame to light.

The engineer who fixed our boiler replaced the spark electrodes with a new design. Rather than lighting the flame from a spark between two parallel elecrodes, it lights from a spark which fires from one that is L shaped and the other that is l shaped, in a top to bottom way instead of a side to side way. If these electrodes migrate during hot conditions, there is no problem as there will always be a gap between the electrodes with this design.

Hope that was helpful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back