baxi expansion vessel attached to wall????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

just after some advice, a plumber came to service my boiler last week and said i needed a new expansion vessel, he's here now fitting it and has drilled it to the wall right next to my boiler, its a big red ugly thing. he explained that the old one doesn't need to come out and that the new is fine where it is, is this the right way of fitting it?

cheers

mike

Sponsored Links
True story. A pressure vessel can be added anywhere in the system. A cheap and effective way of reducing the cost of the job. I do it quite often when circumstances allow.

thanks for the reply,

thanks for the advice, the boiler is in the garage so its not an issue, iv never seen it done before thats all.

thanks again :D :D [/quote]

Sponsored Links
They have a maximum operating temp usually of 90ºC so there is less chance of damage if fitted to the return in the event of an overheat situation and that is indeed best practice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back