Baxi HE133 Boiler Fault Finding Help Please

You sure the diagram aligns with the one you posted ? if its got a molex connector it should be the next diagram down on the pdf.

Sponsored Links
Ahhaa, I looked at Fig 4 for the honeywell valves and agree with you logic on SPST so thought I had better double check the actuator fitted to the boiler and its different than the spare I acquired (which is Fig 3 and shows SPDT config), it is configured for SPST control (Pic below)

IMG_0555.JPG

So excellent spot ! thanks

Now back to the fault, could it be the Actuator as it should have permanent 240v on pin 3 and 240v as well on pin 6 when CH demand is on. This is what I have measured on the boiler !

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0556.JPG
    IMG_0556.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 108
So your looking at changing the actuator as the pcb is sending what its supposed to.

Sponsored Links
Yeah thanks, back to the 1st item i changed - good lesson learnt to check if the replacement part is the same as the one removed. Will pick up a new actuator tomorrow from the local gas merchant and try tomorrow night.

Yes AGAS going round in circles one could say, but at least I now now how the system works ;)

Thank you for you support gents.

Figure 3. the first one you posted , cant see how you can have 240 on both brown and black with a spdt relay.

When relay operates, cam eventually breaks the drive and other contact is made completing the circuit for drive home when relay releases. Am I missing something?

Relay on the boiler pcb not the relay in the actuator head.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back