baxi Instant 105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a few problems with my boiler at the moment. The burner light comes on when I select CH, but then goes off after about 3 seconds. A few seconds later it kicks back in again for another 3 seconds. and so on. This is taking the Ch ages to get worm and because the burner is being switched on and off loads of times, the burner failure light keeps coming on and befor eoyu know it, its bloody freezing. Its not very nice when you're taking a shower too!! Can anyone help me, or do I have to call an expert in?

Sponsored Links
My money is on the low pressure setting of the gas valve. a common fault on these is the modureg works loose so when it fires on central heating and goes to low flame, it extinguishes. A competent CORGI man will be able to adjust and there should be no need for new parts.

Thanks for the info. Had a quick look last night at the gas meter and it looks like it is being switched on and off, so that to me (a layman) looks as though it is the valve letting in gas to the boiler. Is that right? Can I not perform any procedure to check, or do I get a man in to do it for me?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back