Baxi Kingston 2 Classic Fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys

I have a Baxi fire which is less then 2 years old. Having not used it over the warmer months I have come to put it on lately to find a problem with getting it to light.

I can ignite it initially but when I come to depress the control knob and turn it to let the gas kick in and fire up properly the pilot goes out. Even trying to carry this out at speed does not help.

Am I doing something wrong or is it likely that I have a faulty part??? The fire is not that old and in all honesty it hasn't had a lot of use in the past. I'd hate to get out an engineer if I'm being a little stupid but I honestly don't think I am.

Any ideas of what might be the problem would be appreciated.

Teggs!

Sponsored Links
Is the pilot the correct size and heating the t/couple properly (ASD) .There is a little air hole in it that blocks with fluff and can stop pilot working properly

Thanks for the reply. I'll dig out the instructions and check with my somewhat limited knoweldge.

I'll let yo uknow the outcome

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back