Baxi Main Combi 24 HE

Circular brass part 80mm diameter at bottom left.

Has a stainless pin in the middle which pushes a microswitch.

Tony

Sponsored Links
yep seen that when you run the taps that pin doesn't move . I assume it should come out to make contact with the strip

yep tried pulling the switch back while tap is running and boiler fires up . So it looks like I need my missus to stand there doing that while I have a shower. lol

Sean

Does that mean the pipes are correct and that it is something inside the boiler?

Sponsored Links
The indication is that the pipes are incorrect

OR

The diverter valve has been damaged perhaps by an incorrect application of mains pressure.

I have heard of the flow restrictor being damaged by connecting backwards and its also possible the diaphragm could be damaged by the same thing.

I dont recommend it but I suppose you could use a rubber band to hold the switch on but remove it before turning the water off. The boiler should be able to manage itself but as its under guaranty I would urge caution.

Tony

You was right from the start Tony it was the pipes round the wrong way. I take my hat off to you and thanks again for your input. After you had said it still must have been the pipes I cut out the back of the cupboard so I could trace them right through to the boiler and the cold feed was going to what should have been the hot out. I called the guy and he came out ( I was impressed it was 6pm sunday evening) and switched them back apparently my father in law said they was twisted to start with and when the fitter finished they was straight so thats where the mix up happened.
Thanks again to all who offered advice but big thanks to Tony.

Not being picky but it was ChrisR who said it was crossed pipes others just confirmed

it's a bit embarassing, but i did the exact same thing on a 105 install :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back