Baxi Main EcoElite Nest 3rd Gen Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

First time posting, wondering if someone can help me please. I've found this forum very useful but not come across anything for my specific boiler. Can someone please advise based on my boiler specifications:

1. Should i follow 230v or Low Voltage/Dry contact combi boiler instructions
2. I already have a manual timer within the boiler and no other wireless or wired thermostat. Does the manual timer need to be unwired or does nest work alongside it?
3. I've ordered a 5 core flex cable, is this correct?. Based on the terminal block picture, can you please advise what wire needs to go where
4. Also on the terminal block, there are both live, neutral and earth going in from both ends i.e. brown to black; blue to blue; green/yellow to green yellow. Would I need to remove one the wires to wire it to the nest? i understand the link can be removed

Many thanks for your help
20181124_125903.jpg
20181124_130227.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Remove the yellow loop in the top two terminals in your photo and connect the top terminal labelled 1 to the heat link terminal (3) central heating call for heat, and the terminal below labelled 2 to heat link terminal (2) central heating common.

You then need a 230V N & L supply to provide the Heat link with power. This should come from the same 3A fused supply as the boiler N & L.

Finally the Nest thermostat can be powered by wiring it to T1 and T2 of the Heat link, or by using a separate plug in power supply.

The boiler manual timer is the set to be permanently on 24/7 and the Nest will take over control.

@stem thanks for your prompt reply. very helpful, can you just advise:

1. when connecting 230V supply, do i replace any of the blue/black or blue/brown wires on the terminal block shown below??

upload_2018-11-24_13-32-45.png

2. Where does the earth green/yellow wire from my 5 core flex go? or do i just leave that unconnected?

Sponsored Links
Double check what you are connecting if you get it wrong you will be in big trouble

fitted and all works fine! thanks for your help. The only bit i wasn't sure about was connecting both sets of wires from the mains into the terminal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back