Baxi Maxflow Combi....any opinions invited.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The idea of a Baxi Maxflow combi was offered to me today as an alternative to a full-blown unvented (which was my plan) system. Having looked at the Baxi website it apparently combines a combi with a 54 litre unvented storage tank. Has anyone had any experience with them, either good or bad? I want all of my heating system in the loft, which rules out conventional vented system and I'm not keen on a pure combi system because of the hot water flow rates not being too low. This particular boiler seems to cover a gap in the market not covered by others. Apparently you adjust the temperature you want the water stored at and therefore if you store it hot enough, you'd need more cold water to make it a comfortable showering temperature giving better than combi shower pressure, which is what I'm after. It can replenish the stored tank back up to temperature in 4 minutes, but will heat as a combi would even if you exhaust the stored water.

Sponsored Links
have not had experiance with this particular model but have insatlled a few vaillant ones, not bad like a little megaflow, handy if you dont have a lot of room to play with spark

sorry for the delay, i was just going throught the unanswered wotsits and came across your post :) :D

Thanks for your response corgiman, it seems that these aren't fitted often. I've not heard any bad stories about them though, and I know of two of my friends who have had Baxi's (80eco) fitted for a year or two now without any prob's (so far). I think the stored water (54 litres) should be enough for a shower or a bath; how much water does the average bath or shower use? I didn't know other manufacturers made anything like this one so I'll do some more research. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back