Baxi Plantenium 33HE pressure dropping to 0 every 30 mins

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pressure on the boler is dropping to 0 every 30 mins or so. No visable leaks.
Any ideas what is going on??

Sponsored Links
Expansion vessel full of water/or knackered.
It is quite easy to drain boiler remove x.p and blow the water out and re-presurise it to 1.5bar and re-fit it.

Thanks for the quick reply. You dont think there could be a leak under the floor boards? Do you know any way to keep pressurised until i can get a plumber out as i dont trust myself!!

Try isolating the flow and return under boiler this will tell you if it is boiler problem or leak on system! you also wont have any heating! but do it while heating is off over night or something just to find out ! ;)

Sponsored Links
Sorry i jumped ahead a bit then.is there any water coming out of the pressure relief pipe outside ?

i will take a look outside. I am atotal novice, s guess i need a plumber plus it is bloody freezing so need the heating on!! HELP

Take a look outside then.When the central heating is on does the pressure guage rise ?

pressure drops slowly when heating is on. No obvious water leaking. Dark now and torch is pretty poor that i have. wall seems dry.

Yes under warranty. We had leak sealant put in to the system 6 weeks ago. Could this affect the boiler? We have noticed we have icicles hanging off the flu! Boiler losing 2 bar in 5 minutes now and making funny noises!

Yes under warranty. We had leak sealant put in to the system 6 weeks ago. Could this affect the boiler? We have noticed we have icicles hanging off the flu! Boiler losing 2 bar in 5 minutes now and making funny noises!

Sounds like Heat Exchanger fooked...

Get your installer to check to see if water comes down the condense pipe with BOILER OFF. If it is heat ex tell him to contact Baxi Technical and explain situation they will do a PCM (order part) to the engineer coming out..Hopefully

Yes swervy leak sealer I concur heat x leaky leaky
T2. 45min he he he

Problem solved!!

When we had our floor tiles fitted the guy has put a screw through a pipe when putting the plaster board down!!
Time to rip the kitchen floor up!!

Thanks for all your help and Merry Christmas!

Problem solved!!

When we had our floor tiles fitted the guy has put a screw through a pipe when putting the plaster board down!!
Time to rip the kitchen floor up!!

Thanks for all your help and Merry Christmas!

Good news, Glad it want a GAS pipe.

On a related note......I have a Grant Combi boiler which has today developed a fault (the day after the worst snow in Belfast for 25 years!).

As above, the pressure is dropping down to zero very rapidly and opening the valve to recharge it only works for a few minutes. I know that the water is pouring out the overflow pipe so at least it isnt an internal pipework problem.

Any thoughts?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back