BAXI Platinum 28 h/e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Baxi Platinum 28 H/E boiler, its about 14 months old, I am yet to have it serviced.

The other day I got a error code on the display E168 , this wasn't listed in the user guide, I did find a bit of info on Google where Heateam advised a customer it was PCB fault, I reset the boiler and all was OK and has been for 2 days now.

I have a service booked in for next Thur of Fri , once the service is done my 5 yr or 4 r now warranty on parts and labour becomes valid , however Im thinking of taking out monthly cover for my boiler and radiators for £15 pound a month which includes a yearly check.
What are the general opinions on the monthly cover, the company I has a quote from was Domestic and General.

Also is E168 a common issue that you are aware off and is this a fault developing.

Thanks Again

Stephen

Sponsored Links
Im thinking of taking out monthly cover for my boiler and radiators for £15 pound a month which includes a yearly check.
What are the general opinions on the monthly cover, the company I has a quote from was Domestic and General.

Stephen

On D&G the yearly check will include service and combustion checks by Baxi`s own engineers. Some only do a combustion check. Some dont even know what to do. You pay your money you take your choice

Also is E168 a common issue that you are aware off and is this a fault developing.

Stephen

Was the on/off switch touched when lock-out occured

dont the platinum boiler rcome with a 5 year odd no quibble guarantee???

why pay for insurance??

Since you have paid for an expensive boiler it has a five year warrantee but you still have to have a documented annual service.

An independent will do that for £35 to £55. The firm that does it for £35 only takes five minutes and sometimes adds faults in the process. They have a name like an optician or dentist!

Tony

Sponsored Links
An independent will do that for £35 to £55. The firm that does it for £35 only takes five minutes and sometimes adds faults in the process. They have a name like an optician or dentist!

Tony

What, Spec savers well **** me.

What was wrong with you're boiler after (error code 168) as I have the same problem with mine, similar age as well ?????

don't be stupid get it serviced and make baxi cover their 5 year warrantie. It's a no brainer.

if you can see logic in anything else then why did you buy a platinum instead of a Duotec or a Promax

Anyway E168 is the internal bus time out (pcb internal communication conflicting) not listed in instructions. A competent person needs to check the gas valve the pump and if those are ok it's the board.

But in any case it's baxi's problem.

Post over a year old lads

:)
I appreciate the post is from last year (I can read) but just thought the "poster" might have had an answer. For the record the problem on mine was indeed the P.C.B. Heateam were called out and replaced it within 15 mins, all fine now !!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back