Baxi platinum 33 combi boiler - your views please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can you let me know what your views are on a Baxi Platinum 33 combi boiler. We recently moved to a house and I am expecting a baby in a few weeks, the house we moved to has a heatline boiler which keeps dropping pressure daily , takes forever to heat water and we have isolated the problem to the boiler. We have had various quotes for new boilers mainly with Baxi and Worster Bosch....we have had prices from 1895 inc vat to 3000. The lower price quote is for a Baxi platinum 33 combi condensing boiler, room thermostat and remote programmer, draining and flushing system that was for £1895.00. then the opposite side of the scale was 2850 for a worcester bosch greenstar 32 hdi combi boiler - i think that is what it was called.... Our home is a 4 bedroom home , 2 bathrooms - 1 is ensuite and shower is off boiler, the other bathroom has bath and electric shower.
We think we are going for the Baxi but wondered on your views, please help. Meg

Sponsored Links
Our home is a 4 bedroom home , 2 bathrooms - 1 is ensuite and shower is off boiler, the other bathroom has bath and electric shower.
We think we are going for the Baxi but wondered on your views, please help. Meg

I would not even entertain a combi. Instead go for system boiler and unvented cylinder

Can I ask why, I know nothing about plumbing. Is it because the house is too big for a combi?

Meg

Sponsored Links
yes the existing is a heatline compact combi boiler. I am confused now whether to stay with combi , help!

If the combi which is allready fitted is adequate an fullfilling your requirments, then a new combi would be fine, I would go for the Baxi with stainless steel heat exchanger and 5 year warranty.

Hi all,

OK, may I suggest you get a quote for a system boiler with an unvented cylinder of min 200 litres ;) That would be suitable for a house of your size... Get a local RGI to quote for this and go from there.

Ive just had the Baxi Duo-Tec 40 supplied and fitted for £1350. It was a straight swap for my old combi and it it loads better. Proper hot water within 20 seconds, the shower now blasts to the other side of the bath like a power shower and the rads are now untouchable when its on full. I was thinking of going back to a water tank but after having this combi fitted i wouldnt ever go back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back