Baxi Platinum 33 HE or is there a better alternative?

Its odd that no one has mentioned Viessmann.

Most installers would prefer them to Vaillant and they have a five years warrantee.

Its odd that Which rated the Duotec as a best buy when thats another Baxi product.

When considering a boiler its the quality of the installation ( clean system ) thats most important followed by the length of the warrantee so that even if it goes wrong its covered.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
Called Intergas technical yesterday but no one at 'home'. Still waiting having requested callback. Call was to discuss merits of the boiler and suitability of product for forthcoming instal. If this is the kind of delay/ lack of interest from those at technical department, then hate to think what would happen when boiler goes 7its up and one needs to get help in earnest.

When i worked for the board what you tended to find was people would fit these boilers from smaller manufacturers because reps told them they where besr thing since sliced bread and most advanced boilers out there etc etc.
But a couple of years down the line when they fek up it would be OH phone BG i only fit them and don`t repair them, so they never know the faults or hassles of spares and tech advice

Its odd that no one has mentioned Viessmann.
A boiler like a Viessmann Vitodens with Lamba sensor will save up to 10% over a normal condensing boiler as it burns richer so heating less air.

Sponsored Links
lucky for me namsag I only fit boilers that I am the service agent for. I think the whole only "I only install them, dont fix them" is just installers being lazy...

at any rate the area around me is starting to fill up with intergas boilers. apparently intergas is the number one selling boiler out of plumbase in the Hartlepool branch(or so they told me :rolleyes: )

DP, I was trying to phone Intergas yesterday as well. got through on my second attempt. they are normally very good...abit annoyed To be honest

Called Intergas technical yesterday but no one at 'home'. Still waiting having requested callback. Call was to discuss merits of the boiler and suitability of product for forthcoming install. If this is the kind of delay/ lack of interest from those at technical department, then hate to think what would happen when boiler goes 7its up and one needs to get help in earnest.

Not the usual standard of service, which is normally excellent. Could be a bit short staffed today for some reason maybe?? I emailed them late last night and got a response before lunchtime today, you wouldn't get that with every manufacturer. Admittedly it was an email to one of the reps, not technical, but the point still stands that my query was dealt with quite promptly and to my complete satisfaction.

As for your queries on the boiler, if you posted in the CC I'm sure those of us familiar with it could help... not quite what you're after and it's a shame your first experience with the office was a bad one, but it would at least get you going

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Just to update, I've spoken to my plumber and he was really good actually:

I was going to mention the new Baxi Duotec's coming with a free five year warranty, but he actually mentioned them first and suggested it would be cheaper than a Platinum so should take some money off the quote.

I mentioned Viessmann and Intergas and he said he was happy to fit either of those, he's been on the installer courses. He warned that Intergas are fairly new to the scene though so parts may be an issue, which is a fair point already raised here.

So basically I've ruled out the Intergas and it's now between:

1. Baxi Platinum 33 HE

2. New model Baxi Duotec 33

3. Viessmann Vitodens 100W (or 200W? Not too sure what the difference is...)

If anyone owns or has fitted one of the new Duotec's it would be great to have some feedback. My only concern with these is that they are brand new to the market and unproven.

Many thanks

Ive had the Baxi Duotec 40 for just under a year now and its been an excellent buy. It was 1300 quid fitted, gives loads of hot water and has been cheaper to run than my old Sime Friendly which was around half the kw. It can be a bit loud on start up but soon settles down.

Thanks for the feedback Kev, only thing is these new Duotec's have only been out a month or two so will be different to yours.

Any plumbers out there installed the new duotec and got an opinion on them?

Also, can anyone explain the difference between the Viessmann Vitodens 100w and 200w and which would be more suitable for me?

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back