Baxi Potterton Main Combi 24 HE Boiler - Flame Failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there!

Wonder if anyone can help?

I have a Baxi Potterton Main Combi 24 HE boiler that is 2 yrs old.

It has been fine until yesterday when the flame failure light came up red and started flashing when i turned on the hot tap. I tried re-setting the boiler but the same thing happened again. It also flashes red when you try to put the central heating on. So we have no water or heating at the moment.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong? I've had no problems with the boiler until yesterday. The pressure bar at the moment is showing 2 (with boiler switched off) it rises to just under 2.5 when the boiler is switched on.

Thanks in advance.

Yasmin

Sponsored Links
Have you got gas in the meter???

Other than that its a job for a gasman

could be PCB, gas valve or ignition components.

I've got a new PCB, flame sensor and sensor lead for this boiler (and am in Hertfordshire) if you want to email me.

Hello again

Just a update....

An engineer has been & replaced the 'electrical switch' and it is now working fine.

Many thanks for your replies.

Sponsored Links
HI Yasmin

which electrical switch to be exact please ?

Hi there

Sorry i am not sure. The engineer was not here long, 20 mins or so and said it was the electrical switch that was replaced, the boiler now fires up with no problem.

I have the same model.

The manual fault finder section points you to the on/off/reset switch as one of the possible causes of this kind of fault.

while i am on here! (sory posted this in seperate thead by mistake last night)

Has anyone suggestions for cause of an intermittent fault on a main 24he bolier? Made by Baxi and very similar to other models.

Flame failure is intermittent. I have reset bolier.

Seems to work for a while on both hotwater and ch then not work. Cycle starts again..

I have followed manual which pointed to pcb - this replaced but still the same.

thanks

I have the same problem now & was wondering how do i check to see what the cause is.can any1 give me advice to get it sorted
thanks

Well above people have replaced an "electric switch" and an APS.

However, there are many faults which can cause the problem that you have.

But all of them need a competent CORGI engineer as the fault investigation involves the gas train.

Tony

i have a potterton permorma 24 he,when hot water is drawn its intermittent hot then goes cold and then try again and stays cold and then at odd times it will give you hot water,can any one help

Diddy, create a new thread.......Agile....CORGI engineer lol....your behind the times......Gasafe now........at least until their contract runs out anyways

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back