baxi solo 15he condensing boiler problems.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
has anybody had problems with this boiler, any known faults. has just gone out of warranty, had to have new pcb and fan as heat exchanger leak led to boiler lock out and when b.gas serviced for 1st service to go plan with them co2 reading off the scale. lucky boiler is in garaged with vertical flue as consequences are not worth thinking about, still locking out, phone baxi who say no known probs with this boiler, but experience and wallet tell me otherwise. needed pcb as voltage not constatnt and think leak has jiggerger pcb on fan any comments welcome

Sponsored Links
phone baxi who say no known probs with this boiler, but experience and wallet tell me otherwise.

Its a fact of life that if you call any manufacturer they will deny that their products ever have any faults and yours is the first they have encountered!

I dont understand what you are saying but it seems your boiler was repaired under warrantee and now you have British Gas annual cover.

Dont forget you can sue a manufacturer if their product has not provided adequate serviceability. The threat of that usually gets an manufacturer's engineer out quickly, but not always.

There have been a few cases of some boilers being very unreliable like the Ideal Response and the Baxi/Potterton Suprima.

Tony

These boilers have a well known problem for the HE leaking, it's usually one of the sealing plugsthat leak, around the back of the HE :mad:

It's common enough to have been pointed out to us on the Baxi training day I attended.

I did think, however, that they had got to grips with this on the newer ones :confused:

I wouldn't think too much into the parts being changed by BG. Unfortunately alot of BG engineers lack basic logic and fault finding skills, and tend to keep fitting parts until the problem is cured. Are you saying the boiler is still locking out?

Sponsored Links
only last nigh locked out, nervous of turning back on, have rang baxi at 9.00 am this morning but at 1.20 pm supervisor is still dealing with a ongoing complaint, i have 8 month old in house and north east of england so not too chuffed. i feel like i hav paid bmw money for this boiler and got a 1970's austin allegro as the given product.

only last nigh locked out, nervous of turning back on, have rang baxi at 9.00 am this morning but at 1.20 pm supervisor is still dealing with a ongoing complaint, i have 8 month old in house and north east of england so not too chuffed. i feel like i hav paid bmw money for this boiler and got a 1970's austin allegro as the given product.

These boilers had a common fault with the electrode. I would have expected this to be changed as a matter of course. If it hasn't i would ask British Gas to come out and change it. I don't know what you paid or who too, however I wouldn't consider this boiler to be a high end model. Its mid-range.

Yep very common electrode fault. Baxi are still modifying it (3rd time I think) and still getting the same fault. Also the combustion door seals have a tendency to fall apart leading the overheat stat by the fan to operate.

. Baxi are still modifying it (3rd time I think).

I sometimes wonder want kind of person these companies have in R&D and how they deal with re-works. It amazes me that they can't make an electrode that sparks consistently in front of a burner and not on the door its attached too!

baxi/heatteam have been out yesterday, after new a heat exhanger, another pcb and a gas valve i think - the one that is part of the system, also new chamber cover door and screws and seals, i think apart from the cover and a few wires most of the boiler has been replaced! - at leat it was fixed price repair the co 2is now 9.2 i think as it was previous reading 11.2 - i think some sort of boiler cover is going be sought!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back