Baxi Solo 15HE - loud bang when firing up.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this topic has been covered before......

I have a Baxi Solo 15HE - less than 2 years old. Installed by some questionable chaps in the first place (wrecked my furniture). Its been making this loud banging noise like a little explosion when firing up for ages. It comes and goes - its not all the time but sometimes it locks out when it happens.

It sounds like its clicking for a while as if its trying to light then all of a sudden it catches and goes bang!

I have had the Southern Gas guys out maybe 6 times for this but I'm sick of taking days off for them and have no confidence that they have a clue what's going on. They said they were going to change something and brought the wrong part. Twice!!!

The last time was maybe 3 months ago and it was working fine for a while after. Now its started again.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
needs the elctrodes checking/changing along with other service checks call them back these are prone to dodgy lighting it wont go away .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back