Baxi Solo 2 30Pf - Constantly Fires Up ! - Help Required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone - First posting so here goes - My Baxi Solo 2 30Pf constantly fires up and cuts out again every couple of minutes non stop when in operation ! I am having no problem getting enough hot water for my heating and water needs but the non stop firing up and cutting out gets on my nerves and cant be normal. Has recently had a PCB and ignition fitted (Im surprised the ignition hasnt burned out with amount it fires up ! Hope this makes sense - Any ideas will be gratefully received - Thank you

Sponsored Links
What's the boiler stat set to, could be that its lower than the cyl stat and so the cyl is calling all the time its on at the prog. if this is the case turn boiler stat up and see what happens.

What's the boiler stat set to, could be that its lower than the cyl stat and so the cyl is calling all the time its on at the prog. if this is the case turn boiler stat up and see what happens.

Just tried what you suggested Mick - turned stat on boiler to #6 (it was only on about 1.5) but to no avail - the burner just keeps cutting out then click.. click..click.. relights immediately then cuts out again then cycle commences again and again and again till it reaches temp - Thanks.

do you have a balancing valve on the HW circuit you can open a bit, sounds like you've not got good circulation.
Does it do the same when you are running the CH?

Sponsored Links
Hi Mick - Yes it does it on both settings HW & CH. Not sure if I have the balancing valve fitted - cant see anything in the Installation & Fitting Guide. This boiler is about 12-14 years old Mick and has given great service - Maybe its that time !

If it does it on both then, apart from it taking too long to heat up, I would say you've got; a) a partial blockage, usually, where the cold feed joins the system. or b) a worn out pump.

Does it cycle from cold or does the first firing last for some time, then start cycling ?

sounds daft but just change the pcb theirs nothing else on the boiler

Does it cycle from cold or does the first firing last for some time, then start cycling ?

Hi Mick,
Yes it does fire up first time from cold (every time) but after 20-30 seconds the main burner goes out then it relights again (first time no problem) then same again goes out and relights goes out and relights and so on ... Thanks

Could a faulty NTC cause this?

If not then possibly an air flow fault

i would be checking fan and pressure switch, i had a similar problem with a baxi solo where this fault occurred and it turned out to be the restrictor disk at end of fan needing to be removed, this came from baxi tech help. im not saying do this but it sounds like the pressure switch maybe dropping out causing on/ off cycle. To go this far you will need to remove combustion cover which should be done by RGI, as any tampering could render the boiler dangerous

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back