Baxi Solo 2 40PF Seems to be working but no heat output...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible that the burner is not igniting on this even tho I can't see that the pilot light is? The burner on light is illuminated at the front but the pipes going into the top of the boiler are not warming at all and no heat output from rads and no hot water. Pumps seems to be running fine but pipes all cold coming out of mid way valve. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would be suspecting the gas valve, defo sounds as though the pilot is lit, flame sensed, power sent to main solenoid (hence boiler on neon illuminated), but not opening valve :(
you ought to lock the other thread or you'll have to check both for replies and RGIs will get p***** off at looking at 2. ;)

I should shoulder some of the blame for that, it seemed like a system issue, but then when the OP said there didnt seem to be any heat output from the boiler, I suggested she started a new thread about the boiler as that seemed to be the issue rather than the system. Hoped someone may show some seasonal goodwill and offer some advice, Im not familiar with the boiler so couldnt help any further.

If the Mod's look in maybe they could lock the other thread to stop the confusion.

Sponsored Links
Sorry just doing as the the other guy advised me so sorry to cause any confusion. Would the valve be consistent with no heat coming from the pipes coming out of the top of the boiler. Thanks

Apologies, that was partly my fault. I thought as the problem seemed related to the boiler rather than the system, asking directly about the boiler may yield a better response.

I think your best course of action now would be to engage a Gassafe engineer to look at the boiler, gas related problems are outside the scope of DIY. If the gas valve is faulty then it wont allow the gas through to the burner to heat the water. If you are unsure who to call then either British Gas or Heateam (the Baxi/Potterton people), should be able to offer you a fixed price repair.

If you can use a multi-meter you can test the gas valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back