Help Please on a baxi solo 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have a baxi solo 2 40pf that has been fine for a long time, then this morning no hot water or heating, the fan light is on and the boiler light is flickering? thats it nothing else. Please help, i have read the other posts and it seem a coomon fault, any answers in plain english as i know nothing about boilers thanks

Sponsored Links
The fan light on doesn't mean much on these.

Can you hear the fan spinning?

it could be fan seized??depends if u can here it running or not.if its running then its air pressure switch stuck.ive had that a few times :p

Sponsored Links
there a humming from inside, almost like the motor stuck? but i dont think the fan is turning. if the fan is stuck what do i do. simply instruction for a simple person pls

there a humming from inside, almost like the motor stuck? but i dont think the fan is turning. if the fan is stuck what do i do. simply instruction for a simple person pls

In your opening post you state that you know 'nothing about boilers'. Therefore one can only advise calling in someone who does.

i agree, but reading other posts, if its as simple as taking a cover off and "unjamming" the fan, then i would rather do that and save my hard earned cash

it will have jammed due to general wear and tear. it can be lubed to get it going but it will need replacing at somepoint, they're not a particularly expensive fan though, although you'll need an RGI to do it for ya of course :)

how do you lube the fan as a tempoary fix, whats the process for taking the boiler apart. also my mother in law has said she will pay for a new boiler :). now what sort of boilers are good/bad, also we suffer from very hard water so is it worth changing the cylider and getting a water softner at the same time? :confused:

please be advised again ,do not attempt any repair on your boiler, only a gas safe registered person can fix your boiler. it does sound very likley that it is your fan though.

ok just had a company around and hes quoted for the following,
Homewater 100 watersoftner
Vaillant 428
Valliant Flue horizontal
fernox filter
installation
sort out the eletrices in the cuppboard(really bad)

the price inc VAT is £2432.90

is that a good :) /bad quote. :evil:

ok just had a company around and hes quoted for the following,
Homewater 100 watersoftner
Vaillant 428
Valliant Flue horizontal
fernox filter
installation
sort out the eletrices in the cuppboard(really bad)

the price inc VAT is £2432.90

Or new Fan £100.00 + VAT +Labour.. Which is better New system or new fan there is only one way to find out......Fighttttttttt

the boilers never really been right in 10yrs, and had a big extention built 6yrs ago so maybe a little under powered. defo getting it replaced just dont want to be robbed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back