Baxi Solo 2 50 RS not lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Baxi Solo 2 50 RS boiler that has stopped working this morning.

It was very very windy last night/this morning and still continues to be windy.

Theres no flame in the window, when i push the gas control knob in, i can hear hissing as if the gas is there, but when i push the ignite button, I dont see any sparkeor ignition.

Only been in the house since july and not had any issues until now. The boiler has no warning lights that i can see, i've located what i believe to be the reset button, but it seems like its already pushed in, it sits flush with surrounding and doesnt move when i push it.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Any ideas or suggestions?[/quote]

Simple issue, but we can't give gas advice here. A local RGI should have it sorted in 30 mins, unless you are VERY unlucky and need parts, which some may carry any way

First of all .

when you push the ignition button do it really fast repetitively by pressing it just the once in windy conditions you will be lucky for it to catch

First of all .

when you push the ignition button do it really fast repetitively by pressing it just the once in windy conditions you will be lucky for it to catch

Thanks, kept re-pushung the ignition like a mad man but didnt see a thing through the window.

Thinking the reset button may be a clue, but not even sure if its enabled or not.

May have to get someone out - not the best time of hear for it, probably not be until Monday now.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not sure how, probably just persistence, but its working now!

Kept trying the ignition, then as i'd given up and turned the dial back to 4, i heard it ignite, still couldnt see a flame though! Turns out the windows arent aligned, need to get on a chair and look downwards - which would explain why i couldnt see any ignition light at all!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back