Baxi Solo 2 50 rs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently moved into a new house and we have the baxi solo 2 50 rs! Couple of questions....is the pilot light ment to stay on permenantly?
We had a few problems where it wasn't lighting at all so we would have to manually start it up then it would work fine for a bit and cut off again! Had it serviced Jan all was ok!
I noticed tonight that even when the controls aren't calling for heat the pilot light is still on? It has been on continuous most of today but radiators didn't seem hot? So i turned heating completely off but noticed after 30 mins pilot light still on?

Sponsored Links
If you have correctly described the problem it means the gas valve is leaking internally.

Quite an expensive part and needs a CORGI to replace it for you and adjust to match the appliance.

Tony

The solo 2 rs is permenant pilot so yes you should see it all the time when no demand for HW or CH and no it is not meant to heat your rads.

Sponsored Links
Are you quite sure there are not some Solo 2 models with the non permanent pilot light?

I went to a solo recently to replace the PCB and thought that it was marked as Solo 2 ???

Tony

Solo 2
Two versions PF and RS
PF Power flue has automatic pilot
RS Room sealed has permanent pilot

Right thanks, I will try to remember that!

Whilst I cannot remember some of the variants, at least I have no problem in repairing any boiler when I am in front of it!

Tony

Shame you cant understand a simple description of a permanent pilot appliance though, i would find this quite embarrassing , perhaps mod 10 should have deleted it to save your face or moved it to the private gas area ;) :LOL:

got an engineer out who says Yes....there is ment to be a permenant pilot light! He says that theres nothing wrong with boiler but i need a power flush as he checked pump thingy and loads of black poo came out! and his magnetic thingy was sticking to pipes a bit! He says thats why my radiators aren't heating up properly and boiler keep firing up then going back to just pilot light after a min or two!
He quoted £600 for power flush :eek: ! Researched it a little and a company do it for £280 near me me think's britisg gas are trying to rip a young woman off! what is the average price for power flush?

I would say around £400.

Don't forget that with BG it is guaranteed for life though.

Yeah, with British Gas, once the powerflush is carried out, unless there's a lapse in your contract, they'll reflush the system at no cost!

i need a power flush as he checked pump thingy and loads of black poo came out! and his magnetic thingy was sticking to pipes a bit!

He quoted £600 for power flush :eek: ! Researched it a little and a company do it for £280 near me me think's britisg gas are trying to rip a young woman off! what is the average price for power flush?

I change the pump first before advising a flush as the pump can seemingly be ok but running slowly.

Black water suggests you do have a problem though and a flush is no bad thing if done correcly.

If you have correctly described the problem it means the gas valve is leaking internally.

Quite an expensive part and needs a CORGI to replace it for you and adjust to match the appliance.

Tony
Tony
Don't quite understand.
An internally leaking gas valve;please explain.
Cheers
Josh

Well if the gas valve was meant to close but it wasn't so the pilot was still on when it shouldn't be it would be faulty but it isn't so it's not. See?

Yeah, with British Gas, once the powerflush is carried out, unless there's a lapse in your contract, they'll reflush the system at no cost!

They will not reflush....they will fix problems for the life of being on a homecare agreement, reflush wont always solve a pipework configuration problem.

And with BG you have come back, powerflush wont move the carp in the cold feed where the magnet is sticking. That needs cutting out and repiping which is included in the BG price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back