Baxi Solo 2 not lighting.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

:?: I have a baxi Solo 2 boiler, and it has developed an annoying habit over the last couple of days. Come home in the evening, heating not on, but lights are on on LCD timer. Checked boiler, Boiler light on, Fan light on, and fan running, but no pilot light and no burner light, and obviously, no Flame!! Switched LCD timer off for short while, switch back on, no change. Checked Thermostat in hall, working ok, but no change. Switched off heating system at mains for 5 mins, switched back on and the whole thing fires up ok!? Then proceeds to work fine. Came home last night, same problem, repeated the process and up it fired again. Woke up this morning, no heating, same again.

These things always happen in cold weather :rolleyes:

Any thoughts,

TIA

Paddy

Sponsored Links
I have a very good idea of what probably is wrong with your boiler.

However as its combustion/safety related, I cannot give you detailed information as it needs a competent CORGI engineer.

But it could also be a PCB fault too!

Tony

Tony,

OK, Thanks for the reply, I've called my local engineer and am waiting for him to come out, just thought i'd ask in case it was something handy.

Cheers,

Paddy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back