baxi solo 2 fan speed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice please. Baxi Solo 2 playing up as usual every winter. Waiting on 2 heating engineers getting back to me with quotes for boiler change. Trying to keep boiler running till they reply. Anyway problem being when switching on, the boiler on lights on,the fan light is on and the fan is running but then no spark is generated.The troubleshooting guide suggests it is the pressure switch so to test I made the contacts and spark was generated.So I fitted a new pressure switch but still no spark so I was wondering if fan is just not running fast enough to generate draught for pressure switch. Also any advise on which heat only boiler anyone recommends for replacement.Thanks.

Sponsored Links
No-one is likely to think less of you for keeping a Solo going.

I don't know why you feel you have to throw in about a new boiler (which I suspect is a red herring) in order to get help. However you have described how you've tampered with gas safety critical components.

You don't need a new boiler just someone competent on the existing one.

No red herring! I can assure you maybe because the replacement is in an understairs cupboard and not an easy fit, hot water cylinder to be changed as well so quite an earner for them. I am not going to get in to an argument as to the rights and wrongs of diy but as there are no gas pressures or technical requirements for a straight swap with the fan as I am willing to buy if aforementioned plumbers don't get back in touch considering they both know we are without heating.Just to add to take advantage of £400 government grant I have to replace old "working" boiler.

No red herring! I can assure you maybe because the replacement is in an understairs cupboard and not an easy fit, hot water cylinder to be changed as well so quite an earner for them. I am not going to get in to an argument as to the rights and wrongs of diy but as there are no gas pressures or technical requirements for a straight swap with the fan as I am willing to buy if aforementioned plumbers don't get back in touch considering they both know we are without heating.Just to add to take advantage of £400 government grant I have to replace old "working" boiler.

Sponsored Links
I am not going to get in to an argument as to the rights and wrongs of diy but as there are no gas pressures or technical requirements for a straight swap with the fan

There's no argument to be had. You've just demonstrated, in the above sentence, your complete misunderstanding of what constitutes gas safety work.

Knuckles well and truly rapped thanks for you expert advice. Off to put on another couple of extra layers of clothing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back