Baxi boiler Solo 2 40 RS Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with a Baxi boiler Solo 2 40 RS - the pilot light stays on without any problem but if I get the boiler to fire up with heat or water on then it fires up and then after a minute or so goes off again, the pilot light stays on and the boiler will not fire up again unless I switch it of for a few minutes.

Last week I went through a pipe while fitting some flooring so I had to drain the heating system. It is all back on again and radiators all bled - the pump is OK as it was replaced recently due to previous being noisy.

Electrics seem OK - main fuse working.

System is about 12 years old - any suggestions ? - looking at previous forum entries seems to point towards the solenoid.

Sponsored Links
From the history in your post I would be checking for air locks and once again the pump.

Never assume something 'new' works ok.

Thanks for the reply

I bled all the radiators twice and they all seem OK - where else can I look for air locks as I am not sure how to do it.

Air lock, if there is one, will be in the pipe work, not the rads. Have you bled the valve to the side of your HW cylinder, on the DHW flow pipe?

You could also turn off HW and turn CH only on, close all rads except on, put pump on full speed and see if it pusges air lock through.

Sponsored Links
I tried the suggestions but still the boiler shuts off after about a minute but the pilot light stays on. To get the boiler going again I need to shut it down for a few minutes and then it will fire up again.

Any suggestions what to look at next ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back