Baxi solo 2 pf50 - intermittent ignition problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's a puzzler for you. We have the above boiler, and when heating/hot water is called for after the boiler has been off a while and cooled, then it can take an age to light the main burner.

Once warm, it generally lights ok if there is another call for heat.

Since this problem started, effectively last winter, we've had numerous items replaced to try and solve it.

First it was the PCB, but that didn't do it (although it was buzzing anyway and no harm in replacing it).

Then the pilot ignition kit, which was better for a while, but not perfect.

Then in the last few weeks, as its got colder again, we've had a gasket and the fan replaced, but it still isn't right at all.

If the combustion box door is off, then it lights straight away. Also if I rest my hand partially over the flue outside it lights.

The engineers have stated that the pilot is 'lifting off' and you can see this in the little window.

As you can imagine I am loosing patience, and would like some ideas to discuss with a competent engineer!

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
If pilot is lifting off, has the engineer checked the working gas pressure as well as the burner pressure. Probably has, but worth checking I'd have thought.

Alfredo

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back