baxi solo2 pf50 not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there I have a problem with my baxi solo2 pf50 not firing up, when the control switch is turned on for hot water or heating the boiler light comes on the fan light comes on and fan runs perfect the pilot on light comes on however the pilot does not light but sparks, burner light does not operate boiler does not fire up.
When i remove the boiler cover and combustion box door (4 clips holding combustion box door on) there is another panel fastened on with 5 screws on top, if i pull this panel away about 1" at the bottom the spark then ignites the pilot light and then the burner ( burner on light on) and boiler works perfect if I close the panel to the burner goes out pilot light goes out but still sparking.
The boiler had new fan fitted 12 months ago, new gas valve fitted 14 months ago, pcb board changed recently.
As I say wont work with covers and combustion box door (electrode sparking) but fires up and works perfect with cover, combustion box door and heat exchanger cover pulled out 1" at bottom.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Ken

Sponsored Links
If you are pulling the thing apart as you say let's hope you live long enough to find the answer. :rolleyes:

Partially blocked pilot injector not the easiest to get out

Sponsored Links
Easy, common problem with this boiler ask in combustion chamber(above) and i will tell you.. ;)

It will take five mins to fix so go to combustion chamber

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back