baxi solo 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would appreciate any help lads thanks. I went to a baxi solo 2 and its dead , the light for boiler on,is lit,there is 240 at s/live and pump is running but fan has no juice to it and there is no sign of life,i tried the obvious reset,2 amp fuse on pcb,but nothing.before i change pcb any ideas , any senors or thermistors that have any bearing on this matter .thank you

Sponsored Links
If you are 100% that there is not 240V at the fan terminals, (at fan or on pcb) then I would replace the pcb.

Thanks dave, i am 100% no 240 at the fan,ive just bought a new megger m/metre so im trying it out every chance i get and i did check for 240 a few times,nothing ,so pcb , i try and see if there is any other option before pcb,but as you say it looks odds on

Worth trying the pins on the pcb for 240, as it could be the leads. You could trace to which relay on the board it is...

Found it , it's the pin nearest the corner(5), which goes to the nearest relay RL1 which you can't see into.

Does the panel fan neon come on? Could try resoldering everything

Sponsored Links
I would ring baxi technical first who will help you identify any faults, cheaper for everyone that way.

Baxi technical :eek: They can't even tell you what time or day of the week it is :LOL:

:rolleyes:

If you are smart enough you would get the number of their senior tech or better still work it out yourself :LOL:
Or better still just replace the pcb and hope for the best :LOL:

check the resistance on the pilot solenoid (orange and blue wire on the left hand side of gas valve) if its open circuit then the PCB "thinks" the pilot id on so wont go though its sequence.

:)

Why you fixing it zimmers?, rip it out and stick a combi in........surely only 1/2 days work....job done. :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back