baxi solo 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
common problem im sure, pilot ok (system been drained and off for two months) voltage at gas valve can hear solonoid but boiler not igniting its a three pin plug on solonoid all seem to be open circuit is it the solonoid? any one know whats what on pins

Sponsored Links
There are two solenoids.

If you measure them as both o/c and the first turns on the pilot flame then obviously your measuring technique is faulty.

Its quite possibly the second solenoid is faulty or the PCB may not be recognising the flame from the pilot light.

Either way, this is really a job for a competent registered gas engineer.

Tony

i am an electrical engineer there is no pcb on this boiler the solenoid measures 5.5 megohms across top and bottom pin im not going near the gas and the solenoid in question appears to be a replacable part.

You could try giving the valve a few gentle taps underneath when its meant to be on as it maybe stuck on its seating , failing that 99 percent that these solenoids dont come as a spare so whole new valve req

Sponsored Links
smack number 1 was my first thought, the solenoid is clicking away although i cant test the coil on pins? as i stated earlier it tests oc so i will call a mate in for the gas bit. i just turned off pilot and cant relight which i assume points to gas valve

So this must be the r/s version of the Solo2 rather than the FF that we're all thinking of. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back