Baxi Solo 24 HE Ignition lockout. Replace condensate trap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been having an ongoing issue with ignition lockouts (Red light ON, Flame light OFF, Mains light ON) on my Baxi solo boiler and according to the service manual fault finding flow chart, looks likely to be the electrodes or condensate trap.
I took the cover the boiler yesterday to find that the white cable between the condensate trap sensor and the flame detection electrode had been disconnected! The cable had a spade in the middle and one of the spades had fallen off and was on the bottom of the boiler. It looked to me like it had been disconnected before and the cable had been repaired (I've only been the property 2 years) seeing as there was a spade in the middle of cable and that maybe it had been left disconnected on purpose due to a faulty condense trap sensor. Surely if it had been purposely disconnected the cable would have been made safe so maybe it has genuinely come part.
I would like to replace the condensate trap so i know I have a good sensor but without looking at it yet, am not sure how to prime it (as it says to do in the manual) when replacing it. Is it just a case of filling it from the top where it is connected in the boiler before i put it back in?
Also if this cable is disconnected and the trap sensor is always 'open' surely that would not cause my boiler to lockout as it is normally open anyway until it overfills so maybe it's the electrodes?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Quite a bit of gas work to replace the trap and will always leak until you learn the trick of doing them. This work will require a combustion analysis after, best to get a pro in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back