Baxi Solo 2PF relay part number

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have been having problems with my Baxi Solo 2 PF. After investigating the problem I have found the black relay in the front right corner has burnt out. On the underside of the pcb you can see burn marks on the solder joint, trace etc....

My question is where can I get this relay? I see it has a part number of AJS1312. I can find this part but only from companies in the US and China..As I need to get the boiler fixed quickly is there anywhere in the UK that is likely to have the part?

Sponsored Links
Relays with a similar specification are available but you have to identify them by the parameters and not the original makers details.

However, its questionable that DIY repairs on a component which controls gas combustion should be encouraged.

The usual solution is to replace the whole PCB ! I change about 4-5 every year and keep a few replacements in stock for use for our customers.

Tony

Yea I understand what your saying, im skilled in such repairs and thought It would be a cheap fix. I see other people around selling these PCBs refurbished with 1 years garuntee. So this got me thinking that they are only replacing the common failure points on these boards which are these relays. Like you say though its probably not the best approach..

As someone "skilled in these repairs" then I would expect that you should have no problem identifying a relay with the same specifications!

There are firms which do repair boiler PCBs but gas professionals are not meant to use them because they do not comply with the GSUR regulations ( which are law ) because they have not been tested or approved by the manufacturer.

Not surprisingly the manufacturers prefer to sell new parts!

But if I am replacing a PCB then its not in my interest to fit a repaired 15 year old part because its obviously more likely to fail than a brand new one.

Most of the repairers do not do proper refurbishments which to ensure the least failures would include replacing all relays and electrolytics.

The design of boiler PCBs do not include snubber components to reduce burning on pump and fan relay contacts. Saves 6p of parts!

I guarantee my boiler repairs and I dont want to have to go, totally free, and replace a failed repaired part when fitting it saved the customer perhaps £40 when I did not receive any saving to go towards providing a guarantee on an old part.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hmm well what I mean by "experienced" is, I repair/refurbish alot of computer parts as a side buisness, saying this I dont normally deal with these kinds of relays as part of these repair procedures. This is why I wanted a second opinion on the relay part number you see...

I can understand why you wouldnt recommend this repair so I will leave this topic as is for now..Thanks for your help.

Woohoo fixed it... the relay turned out to be fine, the trace had burnt out on the underside of the board, so re-soldered it to the relay again and now everything is working perfect...Saved myself a small fortune :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back